All of the news about Google this week has been Google Sites and Google Health. A new feature added to Google Docs has me excited. They now have an option to have a spreadsheet filled via an online form. If you need to conduct a simple survey or plan a potluck dinner or any task where you need multiple user input this is a great tool. You can see an example here.
A form is very easy to setup…
- Create a new Google spreadsheet in Google Docs
- Enter form questions along row A
- Save your spreadsheet
- Click the “share” tab on the right hand side
- Click the radio button for Live Form
- You are now able to enter a list of email recipients as well arrange and edit your questions.
- The interface even allows you to create multiple choice questions, etc.
Your spreadsheet will now fill with data provided by your recipients. Google will also send you an email alerting you as forms are filled.